[Talk-GB] Neighbourhood/LSOA Names

Ken Kilfedder spiregrain_osm at ksglp.org.uk
Sat Nov 16 11:49:50 UTC 2019

Flickr used to offer a way to search for folk-tagged place names on photographs with their actual GPS location.   I seem to remember maps showing the (overlapping) user-reported boundaries of each tag.   But that might have been more than 10 years ago, and they've been through a number of owners since then...

While looking for it, I found this report, which has maps comparing the "vernacular" boundaries of some London wards, with what people mean by place-names on twitter, which I guess is the modern equivalent:  http://www.cs.nuim.ie/~pmooney/VGI-Analytics2017/materials/VGI-Analytics_2017_Clasper.pdf

---
https://hdyc.neis-one.org/?spiregrain
spiregrain_osm at ksglp.org.uk