[Talk-GB] Import of UK SSSI data

Henry Bush openstreetmap at spookypeanut.co.uk
Sat Nov 16 15:12:39 UTC 2019

Hello all,

(I've sent this to both the talk-gb and imports mailing lists)

This is just a heads-up: I'm thinking about importing the data about UK
SSSI areas into openstreetmap.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Site_of_Special_Scientific_Interest

I've had a quick look at a few, and none of them seemed to be marked on the
map. If I go ahead with the import, I'd do a much more thorough
investigation first. This mail is simply a prompt for discussion as to
whether people think it's a good idea.

At the moment I'm still in the research phase. I've started collecting
related links on a wiki page:

  https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Spookypeanut/SSSIBot

NB: this page is really just bookmarks for me at this stage. If I go ahead
I'll make a proper, more informative page.

Cheers,

Henry