[Talk-GB] Subject: Re: Thomas Cook shops

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Wed Oct 9 23:40:09 UTC 2019

On 10/10/2019 00:11, Warin wrote:
> On 09/10/19 21:21, Martin Wynne wrote:
>> On 09/10/2019 11:11, Dave F via Talk-GB wrote:
>>> Not so fast... The current Company is still bust. The shops are closed.
>>
>> "Sunderland-based Hays said it planned to reopen all the shops under
>> its own brand with immediate effect."
>
> "planed' "are to be" "talks with individual landlords" 'rebranded"
>
> That looks to me to take time ... so not immediate. And it may not be
> all shops.
> Certainly the name will be different.

The cynic on my shoulder is whispering that it sounds too good to be
true. I'm wondering how tightly bound into TC's other business ventures
their retail outlets are.

And as has been stated the state of all shops is currently closed.
A USP of OSM is how quickly we can, or at least, should, be able to
react to these sorts of changes, but as I said previously, there's a lot
of faffing.

DaveF