[Talk-GB] Town Greens

nathan case nathancase at outlook.com
Fri Apr 3 14:20:09 UTC 2020

Thanks both - as it currently stands the whole town green is outlined by "boundary=protected_area & protect_class=21 & protection_title=common" (as town_green wasn’t an option, though, I actually added protection_title2=town_green). https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:boundary%3Dprotected_area

The two main components of the green, a wood and a grass area, are separately mapped as such.

Where would you add the designation tag? To the boundary or to the two main landuse components? Or would you create a relation so that the designation tag and name (etc.) can be shared across the separate land uses?

Again, I know this is a rendering issue, but the two problems are: the name of the town green (which has been added to the boundary) now doesn't show at all on the default map and nor does the boundary of the protected area (like one might expect considering this is the approach used for, e.g., nature reserves). I think this is because protect_class=21 just doesn't get rendered.