[Talk-GB] Geospatial Commission to release UPRN/ UPSN identifiers under Open Government Licence

Dan S danstowell+osm at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 19:28:19 UTC 2020

Op do 9 apr. 2020 om 19:47 schreef Lester Caine <lester at lsces.uk>:

> On 09/04/2020 15:32, Mark Goodge wrote:
> >> So I'd propose that we use either ref:uprn and ref:usrn, or
> >> ref:UK:uprn and ref:UK:usrn. What does everyone else think?
> >
> > I'd be happy with either, so long as it's consistent.
>
> That is ideal from my point of view ... yes you can get the country by
> processing the location information, but being able to simply list all
> of them WITHOUT the overhead of other processing has to be the right way
> forward?

We could make such an argument about any tag, e.g. "addr:postcode"
couldn't we? Someone who wants a GB-only list can easily get them from
a GB extract such as Geofabrik's.

On the other hand I'm happy with "ref:gb:uprn" and "ref:gb:usrn" if
preferred (can we use lowercase for convenience please?) since it
seems these terms are not global.

Best
Dan