[Talk-GB] Geospatial Commission to release UPRN/ UPSN identifiers under Open Government Licence

Lester Caine lester at lsces.uk
Fri Apr 10 08:29:00 UTC 2020

On 10/04/2020 08:04, Jez Nicholson wrote:
> I don't think they meant 'replace an address with addr:uprn', just
> enhance it.

I was not being as clear as I should have been. A UPRN parcel of land or
object includes those for which an address is not appropriate and which
'Royal Mail' would never deliver to so I don't think it is appropriate
to merge with the addr: set. I've already indicated that we need to wait
and see just what quality of data will be provided, but I ecpevt that
some council areas will not actually have postcode in the data.
Certainly 15 years ago when I started receiving datasets this was a
secondary piece of data yet at that time we were looking to manage the
postcode tables for the councils that were providing the UPRN feed! They
were not prepared to pay Royal Mail for data that they were legally
required to create themselves ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL