[Talk-GB] Geospatial Commission to release UPRN/ UPSN identifiers under Open Government Licence

Dan S danstowell+osm at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 11:36:12 UTC 2020

For me, the convincing argument is not ease of querying; the
convincing argument is essentially namespacing. "uprn" and "usrn" are
rather generic initialisms, and I don't see any useful reason for our
uk/gb project to claim the "meaning" of ref:uprn or ref:usrn within
OSM's tag namespace.

I notice that "ref:usrn" has been used a lot - but in fact primarily
it came three years ago during a tree import in Birmingham. So even
though it's been used a lot, it's largely confined to one user/project
and I wouldn't consider it widespread.

Best
Dan