[Talk-GB] CWGC: worldwide, war graves

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.pro
Sat Apr 25 21:20:41 UTC 2020

On 25/04/2020 22:55, Michael Booth wrote:
> This seems to be it:
> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-gb/2010-August/010110.html
>
> Found via a search for: site:lists.openstreetmap.org "talk-gb"
> "Commonwealth"

Thanks for finding that so quickly

> Daniel, what is actually being proposed to be added to OSM? Is it a list
> of CWG cemeteries that could then be checked against the data we have in
> OSM? I remember seeing a maproulette for cemeteries in Texas, perhaps
> something similar could be done to find missing CWG cemeteries.

Please see the CWGC and TracesOfWar lists on this page:

https://anzacathon.com/data-sources.shtml

They simply have the name of the cemetery or monument, the latitude and
the longitude

CWGC has 20,000 records, TracesOfWar has 120,000 records

AWM also has about 14,000 records for places but they are not in the
IPFS world yet.

Regards,

Daniel