[Talk-GB] Street-name toids

Mark Goodge mark at good-stuff.co.uk
Wed Aug 12 19:36:35 UTC 2020

On 12/08/2020 16:54, SK53 wrote:
> OpenRoads from the Ordnance Survey contains a field containing the toid
> for the street name. I wonder if we should include these alongside usrn
> & uprn. They may be more useful than either for gathering complex roads
> which share a name.
>
> Experimentally I have added this
> <https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/836343813> toid to a street in Glossop.

I think adding toids is worth it, if we can unambiguously link them.

However, I'm a little concerned that someone has added a UPRN to that
way. UPRNs are not, generally, applied to streets, and looking at the
ESRI satellite view I suspect that that's actually a legacy UPRN which
applied to the property before it was redeveloped for housing.

The street does have a USRN, which is 17326392. If you compare this:

https://uprn.uk/usrn/17326392

which is Foundry Close, with this:

https://uprn.uk/usrn/17301086

which is Surrey Street (that Foundry Close connects to), you'll see on
the latter a single UPRN on top of Foundry Close. But switch to the
satellite view on that page and you'll see that it's appears to be the
UPRN of what was, at the time the image was taken, some empty land that
had been cleared for redevelopment.

Mark