[Talk-GB] National Cycle Network removal/reclassification

Peter Neale nealepb at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Aug 14 08:21:13 UTC 2020

Hi @Ed,
What area is this, please?
NCN 51 comes near me through Milton Keynes, so I have made some adjustments to the relation in the past (when it was re-routed to avoid going through the middle of the intu shopping centre).

Regards,Peter

    On Friday, 14 August 2020, 09:04:51 BST, Ed Loach <edloach at gmail.com> wrote:

 DaveF replied to:

> > So even if Sustrans declassify it, if the signs are still up shouldn’t
> > it remain in OSM?

with:

> OSM should be using the most up to date data available. In this
> instance
> I think Sustrans saying they've decommissioned a few NCNs &
> publishing
> an updated map is the more accurate information. I don't think the
> relations should be deleted as they're probably to be reclassified (I
> think).

In some cases OSM *is* the most up to date data there is. Locally I watched as the local Sustrans ranger (I hope I've got the term correct) added NCN 150 to the map after getting home from putting up the stickers - the relation grew over the few days it took. I will be leaving the local part of the NCN 51 relation that has been reclassified for him to update as and when it gets re-stickered.

Ed