[Talk-GB] High quality NLS imagery of buildings and HOUSENUMBERS (!) available in London (and Scotland). Create a tasking manger to add this?

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Tue Dec 1 10:47:28 UTC 2020

On 01/12/2020 10:11, Tom Hughes via Talk-GB wrote:
> Of course it's only claiming they do have a copyright that they
> can make such a license necessary.

Not necessarily.  If you can establish a contract at every stage in the
chain, you may be able to impose restrictions that go beyond copyright.

More interesting here is whether it is actually copyright or database
rights that are at stake.  I think scanning only creates a new copyright
on the typographical arrangement, and doesn't affect the database
rights.  However, because there may be contractual restrictions, and
because it might put OS into a bad position with their supplier, I would
suggest that one obeys the restrictions that OS are imposing.