[Talk-GB] River Lugg

SK53 sk53.osm at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 13:29:03 UTC 2020

I suggest mapping the parish of Kingsland in detail from aerial imagery.
This will facilitate locating the re-profiled area from features visible in
photos and videos appearing in the news. For instance at least part of the
damaged bank is on the right bank extending downstream from a bridge with a
minor power line in the fields. There are also some distinctive farm
buildings in other photos.

Unfortunately, there doesnt seem to be any data on EA Stewardship payments
for the relevant area (from Anna Powell-Smith's map
<https://farmpayments.anna.ps/>). The SSSI is Natural England Open Data,
but as it covers more or less all of the Lugg might not be useful. However,
there are a couple of more extensive areas of SSSI which might be part of
the damaged area. LR Inspire land parcels may help delineate specific
farms. I presume this is a single farmer whose land abuts the river.

Jerry