[Talk-GB] Bridleway across field

ael witwall3 at disroot.org
Tue Dec 8 12:00:55 UTC 2020

On Tue, Dec 08, 2020 at 09:36:31AM +0000, Mark Lee via Talk-GB wrote:
> Hello. I've just added a missing public bridleway (
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/882278479) which is detailed on the
> WIltshire Definitive Map. It runs across a field and doesn't appear to have
> been in use recently, I couldn't see it on the ground in person and I can't
> see it in any of the aerial images. It runs fairly close to a concrete

 I have come across some of these where it is no longer possible to
 walk or ride. Especially when they cross rivers where there was
 presumably once a ford. In at least one case that I surveyed, there
 were large trees blocking access on the river bank, and absolutely
 no sign of a ford in the river itself. Crossing there looked potentially
 dangerous. These had been added by armchair mappers from a definitive
 map.

 OSM should not direct users onto useless and perhaps dangerous ways.
 As I recall, in that case I removed the section crossing the river
 and added a note.

 ael