[Talk-GB] Bridleway across field

nathan case nathancase at outlook.com
Tue Dec 8 16:07:10 UTC 2020

> Unless there is a sign saying "unsuitable for pedestrians, horses, and vehicles", or similar, I would say "access=discouraged" violates "do not tag for the renderer".  The wiki specifically says that an official sign is required before using "access=discouraged".

There is a sign: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_Bay_Walk#/media/File:Cross_Bay_Walk_Warning.jpg though I'm unsure on how "official" that is. It doesn't have the city/county council logo on it, for example. But the city council does discourage the use of the route without a guide on their website: https://www.lancaster.gov.uk/environmental-health/health-and-safety/cross-bay-walks-guidance-for-walkers-and-organisers

(sorry - I seem to have derailed the original topic).