[Talk-GB] Tagging of shared use paths

Martin Wynne martin at templot.com
Thu Dec 10 12:47:55 UTC 2020

> My reasons for changing it, is that it is shared use path with a greater
> number of people of foot than bicycle (about 5:2)

Many public bridleways have many more walkers and cyclists using it than
actual horse-riders. But are still mapped as bridleways.

Map it as a cycleway, unless it is a public bridleway, in which case map
it as bridleway. You are mapping the status, not the actual usage.

My feeling is that a highway should be mapped at the highest level of
permitted usage. The assumption is that pedestrians can go almost
anywhere anyway. Motorways excepted.

Are there any public cycleways from which pedestrians are actually banned?

cheers,

Martin.