[Talk-GB] Tagging of shared use paths

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Thu Dec 10 16:36:21 UTC 2020

I believe you're incorrect.

Cycleways can be shared use with pedestrians, & almost always are in the UK.

Cycleway/footway/path tags are not based on usage figures. Cycleway
allows for two modes of transport, footway allows one.  Likewise
'bridleway' allows for three modes - horse/bicycle/foot.

The path tag was an invention after contributors got confused by the
above. It should be removed from the database.

Your 'surface' comment is irrelevant to your problem.

Tagging *incorrectly* to suit the renderer/router should not occur, but
given it's a part of a NCN route, this is clearly a correct tag.

DaveF