[Talk-GB] driveway-becomes-track

Martin Wynne martin at templot.com
Sat Dec 12 13:52:00 UTC 2020

On 12/12/2020 13:16, Mark Goodge wrote:
> Out in a rural area, nearly everybody would call that length 
> of road, especially one that links a public highway with private farm 
> tracks, a track or access road.

Hi Mark,

I'm not sure about that. In this part of the world, a roadway which 
links from a public road to a private residence is called a "drive" (not 
usually "driveway") irrespective of the length, or what other tracks or 
footpaths connect to it, and also irrespective of its legal status as a 
public byway or public bridleway.

If it's a public highway for all, it's just called a "road" or "lane".



More information about the Talk-GB mailing list