[Talk-GB] driveway-becomes-track

ael witwall3 at disroot.org
Sat Dec 12 23:03:32 UTC 2020

On Sat, Dec 12, 2020 at 10:54:54PM +0000, ael via Talk-GB wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 12, 2020 at 09:11:32PM +0000, Martin Wynne wrote:
> > On 12/12/2020 17:37, Andy Townsend wrote:
> >
> > something about myself, is to map and provide rendering for the area:highway
> > tag:
> >
> >  https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:area:highway
> >
> > Country walkers often need to include a stretch of public road in a planned
> > walk, and it is very difficult to discover whether a road will be safe to
> > walk along.
>

> What might work in practice is to invent a tag along the lines
> of walker_friendly = yes|no|maybe although some may complain that it
> is subjective. I am not seriously suggesting that "walker_friendly"
> is a good choice for a name, but something along those lines is
> the only thing that I think the majority of mappers could reasonably
> use widely.

Following up on myself, I see a problem when faced with a narrow lane
which is barely used by traffic. Normally very safe for walkers. But
occasionally unsafe when an vehicle decides to use it at high speed.
If someone had actually tagged the area, that might be inferred. But
that is extremely unlikely.

ael