[Talk-GB] driveway-becomes-track

Nick Whitelegg nick.whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Sun Dec 13 15:13:04 UTC 2020

Hello Martin/Nick,

Perhaps the combination of highway, surface and designation will cover many of these use-cases?

e.g. a service road that looks like a track but is a service road, and has bridleway rights, could be tagged as:

highway=service; surface=unpaved; designation=public_bridleway

For rendering, if one rendered tracks or unpaved service roads as dashed black lines, and designations as coloured lines, you could render the designation layer as a coloured transparent line above the track/service road layer. This is what I do in my own projects.

Nick