[Talk-GB] Tagging bike ramp/ bike path down steps

Chris Hodges chris at c-hodges.co.uk
Mon Dec 14 19:46:26 UTC 2020

Accessibility tagging for bike routes would be great, and mean a lot of
work on the ground. Things like gate/bollard widths would be good, and
some of the stuff to keep motorbikes out - though some at least can be
tagged; I recall some means of tagging a step-over gate on a bridleway
but can't remember or instantly find the tag.  Some would be a bit
subjective (especially where length and width are constrained), but
something comparably coarse to wheelchair=limited would be a start

Despite riding a normal (except for being huge and laden with
accessories) bike, and being able to lift it, accessibility of bike
infrastructure is an area of particular interest for me.  I actually
went for a child seat instead of a trailer because of the
restrictiveness of some of the bike paths round here.

"Dismount" seems like by far the best tag if your average commuter
cyclist or even a skilled roadie couldn't ride it - and some of the
examples I've seen would put off most hardcore mountain bikers, while
steps have been OK on my hybrid (each step longer than the bike, drops
small).