[Talk-GB] Removing all stiles from bridleways

Chris Hodges chris at c-hodges.co.uk
Mon Dec 14 22:04:15 UTC 2020

I've also had an electric fence across a bridleway, and some very grumpy
cows the other side of it. Luckily the farmer appeared and was very
happy to let me through or it would have been retracing 3km of grassy
riding on a touring bike.

I'm rather prone to bike-hiking, even if not keen on it, so see the
benefit of a correct "bicycle=yes" - and I'll try to fill in the
tracktype, surface, and sometimes (rather subjective) bike difficulty
when I get home.  After Saturday's ride one bridleway should have been
tagged "surface=water"

As for comfy Cotswolds - I'm not far from there, so I know you get
things like locked gates wrapped in barbed wire on bridleways, within
the boundaries of the changeset that prompted this