[Talk-GB] Talk-GB Digest, Vol 171, Issue 52

Neil Matthews ndmatthews at ndmatthews.plus.com
Mon Dec 14 22:40:40 UTC 2020

Apologies, I assumed this was a ongoing project that started last month,
c.f. https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/94154740#map=8/51.900/-1.599

I'm definitely not keen on seeing welly-boot mapping remapped by
armchair mappers -- there are too many real-world issues that don't map
easily (sorry!) to more abstract ontologies.

I do think it would be great quarterly project (if the stile's wrong --
a lot else might be too).

And if this is a key issue for you, then perhaps asking OSM editor
developers to give a gentle warning for "stile" on "bridleway" might be
a great idea -- and help reduce inadvertant problems. -- and stop them
coming back.
(I think "block" should be ok though -- probably just there to stop cars)

Cheers,
Neil

P.S. I only raised it on talk-gb as it covered a large area -- I have no
problem reverting smaller changesets in my locality that are incorrect.