[Talk-GB] Removing all stiles from bridleways

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Mon Dec 14 23:15:47 UTC 2020

On Mon, 14 Dec 2020 at 20:57, ael via Talk-GB <talk-gb at openstreetmap.org> wrote:

> I would regard this as vandalism if it is removing surveyed real stiles
> to suit an ideal world where they are not permitted on bridleways.

I favour the definitions used on the English Wikipedia, which make it
clear that vandalism is deliberate harm, and that any well-intentioned
edit, even if incorrect, is not vandalism, because:

    If an editor treats situations which are not clearly vandalism as such, it
    may harm the encyclopedia by alienating or driving away potential editors.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Vandalism#What_is_not_vandalism

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing