[Talk-GB] Anglican churches

Donald Noble drnoble at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 20:07:03 UTC 2020

Robert,

That looks like an interesting addition to your impressive collection of
tools.
Forgive me if I've missed it somewhere, but what do the different colours
represent on the nameless places of worship page?
I will have a look and see if I can resolve any in Scotland over the
festive break.

Cheers, Doanld

On Fri, 18 Dec 2020 at 19:04, Robert Whittaker (OSM lists) <
robert.whittaker+osm at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Dec 2020 at 18:05, Sean Blanchflower <smb1001 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > In case anyone's interested I set myself the lockdown project of
> ensuring all the active Anglican churches in England are mapped
> consistently in OSM, and have gotten as far as I realistically can for the
> moment.
> >
> > The net result is that of the 15649 active Anglican churches that I know
> of in England, all of them are now in OSM mapped as ways with
> building=church;amenity=place_of_worship;religion=christian;denomination=anglican;name=XX
> > other than...
>
> Good stuff!
>
> On a slightly related note, I've recently done a bit of an upgrade to
> my "Nameless" tool. This flags objects that don't have a name=* tag
> when you'd usually expect them too. There's now a page for each tag
> combination with a map and list of the nameless objects. The
> top-ranked tag combination is amenity=place_of_worship, with around
> 4,000 instances:
> https://osm.mathmos.net/nameless/amenity/place_of_worship . I think a
> lot of them may have been armchair-mapped from possibly out of date
> maps. So if anyone is at a loose end and fancies trying to work out if
> the places of worship listed there are still in use and if so what
> their name is, please have a look.
>
> Robert.
>
> --
> Robert Whittaker