[Talk-GB] Electric forecourt

Rob Nickerson rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 11:05:49 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I saw on Fully Charged (YouTube channel) that there is now a electric
vehicle charging forecourt. Unlike others, this is not a couple of charging
points added to an existing petrol station or slapped down in a carpark.
This is a full on electric version of a petrol station (without petrol as
an option).

https://www.gridserve.com/braintree-overview/

Feels like a good time to review how we map them. Do we have the right tags
available?

The wiki has a lot but it seems a bit jumbled. For example, I believe this
site has CCS socket chargers at various kW sizes. Our current tagging
scheme doesn't look like it allows for that. Is this an issue?

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dcharging_station

Best regards
Rob