[Talk-GB] UK street addressing

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Sun Dec 20 18:52:42 UTC 2020

On 2020-12-20 19:44, ipswichmapper at tutanota.com wrote:

> What you do is give the outline way "buildong=terrace" and "name=<NAME_OF_TERRACE>" and all the houses with "building:part=house". The software can then tell that all those houses are part of the terrace called <NAME_OF_TERRACE>

So in the case like I referred to earlier, "2, Orchard Cottages, Green
Lane" would be tagged with addr:housenumber=2, and addr:street=Green
Lane? And then enclosed within "building=terrace, name=Orchard
Cottages". Is the tag building:part=house enough to indicate that the
address is "2, Orchard Cottages, Green Lane" and not "2, Green Lane"?