[Talk-GB] UK street addressing

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Mon Dec 21 00:30:36 UTC 2020

On 20/12/2020 23:21, SK53 wrote:
> I'm aware of a number of terraces which are discontinuous, demonstrating
> that individual houses in a terrace are not building:part.

There is a set of maisonettes, which are both semi-detached
horizontally, and split into four groups, with roads between them,
around a roundabout, near me.  The individual maisonettes are numbered
separately from the main street numbers, the development as a whole has
no street number of its own, and actually has presences on roads with
three different names!

It actually confuses the council's fly tip and street defect reporting
app, which tends to reverse geocode it as though the maisonette's were
directly numbered on the relevant road.  They failed to find one broken
sign because of that.