[Talk-GB] UK street addressing

Alan Mackie aamackie at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 12:01:55 UTC 2020

I struggle with what to call the <BuildingName> in that example.

A recent suggestion for named terraces was to use addr:street=<TerraceName>
and addr:parentstreet=<StreetName>, but if the <HouseNumber> relates the
whole building to to parentstreet, then reconstructing an address seems
impossible.

The closest existing tag seems to be add:housename=<BuildingName>, but I
don't know if that stretches the definition too much.