[Talk-GB] UK street addressing

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Mon Dec 21 16:53:36 UTC 2020

I agree. I suspect that the post town / dependent locality are
correlated against the post code by the OCR processing. If there was no
post town it would seriously degrade the scanning accuracy as the
postcode OCR would need to be 100% accurate, which is not going to
happen given the number of handwritten addresses.