[Talk-GB] UK street addressing

B lists lists at j12.org
Fri Dec 25 11:09:53 UTC 2020

see my addition inline below

On 21/12/2020 16:16, Chris Hill wrote:

> On 21/12/2020 15:59, Adam Snape wrote:

[...]
> Other organisations use the RM address lists because that is the only
> way to get addresses in the UK.

Those with the budget can buy the Ordnance Survey AddressBase (
https://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/business-government/products/addressbase
)  based on the Local Land and Property Gazetteer (
https://services.geoplace.co.uk/ ) but that has many of it's own issues
most being it is unknown to most people, even you here.

But maybe that will change over time with it's slow gradual opening up:

https://www.findmyaddress.co.uk/

and maybe eventually we will be able to link to Open Street Map in
comprehensive way.

The coverage as well as Areas in Address Base / LLPG in my view offer a
better local reflection of place than the Post Town.

But that has been subject of previous threads on this list.

Regards,

_B