[Talk-GB] Google maps added addresses!

Chris Hodges chris at c-hodges.co.uk
Mon Dec 28 16:55:11 UTC 2020

I'm fairly sure it is from Street View somehow: my road isn't on Street
view, and doesn't have numbers on Google maps.  A missing number on the
main road near me is the only house in its terrace with a high hedge
blocking the view of the number on SV (consistently over several years
of capture).

The multiple sources could be Street View images from various passes
with varying GPS error.  I hadn't noticed dupes (and can't find any near
me)but I wonder if they're more common on roads with .

On the other hand they've had some numbers for a while, and used to get
humans to read them in ReCaptcha, so maybe those account for some of the
duplicates.

Chris