[Talk-GB] Google maps added addresses!

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Mon Dec 28 18:13:39 UTC 2020

On 28/12/2020 16:21, Rob Nickerson wrote:
> I just spotted that Google Maps has added house numbers to their map of
> the UK. They are all over the place - does anyone recognise the source?

They've had them for years.  You've been able to search on house numbers
for many years.  In some cases they were probably interpolated.

Bing, as used by my council's app, for reverse geocoding, also has house
numbers, although too many of them are interpolated (whilst they get one
side of the road more or less right, they get totally confused on the
other side, where there are several blank fences.