[Talk-GB] Google maps added addresses!

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Mon Dec 28 20:07:06 UTC 2020

Dec 28, 2020, 19:44 by rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com:

> My view here is that with building outlines it becomes easier to get people to contribute to OSM in little ways, adding their housenumber and that of a few neighbouring buildings. With a simple editing tool

StreetComplete is supposed to be such tool - and coincidentally, I just implemented an
improvement to the address quest ( skipping addr:street question for address node in
interpolation that has addr:street tagged)

Note: this improvement landed in version 28.1, it may not be yet available eveywhere
(especially F-droid has often deeply outdated releases)

And yes, StreetComplete requires building outlines to be tagged to ask that
(and tagged with specific building value, but StreetComplete handles this with a separate question).