[Talk-GB] Google maps added addresses!

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Tue Dec 29 08:28:52 UTC 2020

At the danger of pointing out the blatantly obvious: you can easily
survey and add addresses as stand alone nodes without adding buildings
before.

It is quite a fast process and, at least for me, is only limited by
walking speed and getting distracted by other details which you tend to
only see when surveying on foot. It is what we used to do before aerial
imagery was widely available and will result in fully functional
routing. Given how painful correcting building geometries is I would
always prefer an address node over mapping a building outline from a
sub-par source.

Simon