[Talk-GB] Front paths

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Tue Dec 29 16:06:44 UTC 2020

On 2020-12-29 16:52, Jez Nicholson wrote:

> I've been getting a bit carried away with micromapping houses in my vicinity, plotting garden walls, sheds, front walls, gates, front doors, and front paths.
>
> Question: what would you tag a front path as? highway=footpath?

Duck test it. Most of them look like, and work like, footpaths to me.

Access tagging is more problematic however, as the recent discussion
about service=driveway has shown. Although it is private property, it is
considered accessible to those with a legitimate interest, e.g.
deliveries, emergency services, "I have broken down, can I use your
phone"... By "accessible" I mean that you can't actually sue them for
walking down your front path to your door and ringing the bell.