[Talk-GB] Soild fuel

SK53 sk53.osm at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 13:47:37 UTC 2020

There's one <https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/3727937526/history> fairly
close to me (or at least their sign is still there, I've not recently
verified that they still exist). We used shop=coal (but see below), which
is not far off the more generic shop=fuel.

It's over 20 years ago since I bought coal. I ordered it and was delivered,
perhaps 1 cwt which lasted the winter. I think that's how most solid fuel
will be sold, so most are not really shops but coal merchants yards. I have
no idea how these should be tagged, but shop is probably not particularly
correct. Similar things will be true for suppliers of LPG or Oil for
heating systems in rural areas. In Spain people used to buy butane for
cooking (probably still do) largely through Butano SA which became a Repsol
subsidiary. I ought to know how this worked as a relative worked for them,
but don't. I suspect it's possible to get regular deliveries (just like the
old Corona <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corona_%28soft_drink%29> vans -
fizzy pop I hasten to add).

Jerry