[Talk-GB] Freemap (free-map.org.uk) - potential shutdown

Nick Whitelegg nick.whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Tue Feb 11 17:48:52 UTC 2020

Hi,

As part of rationalising my server space and hosted projects, I am proposing shutting down my (very old) England and Wales footpath mapping site Freemap (free-map.org.uk).

This is basically because I no longer have the time to maintain and improve it and obviously incurs storage space and hosting costs, and I believe it is not used so much these days as it has been superseded by other projects.

Before I do so however, please let me know if you still use Freemap - if people are still using it, I will keep it up.

The underlying Freemap API, which powers several other projects including MapThePaths and Hikar, however, will remain up (albeit on a different server).

Thanks,
Nick

Disclaimer<http://www.solent.ac.uk/disclaimer/disclaimer.aspx>