[Talk-GB] Saltash/Plymouth

ael witwall3 at disroot.org
Mon Feb 17 15:22:58 UTC 2020

On Mon, Feb 17, 2020 at 01:53:50PM +0000, Devonshire wrote:
> I might have some traces for the straight through Devon to Cornwall route so probably the same as what you already have. It would be better if someone more local took a look.

I have many pretty accurate traces and fairly good geotagged dashcam
video of maybe a dozen or so of passes through the new layout. But just
on the main road straight through, so of limited use for the surrounding
area & roads.

But I had a reply off list from another mapper who knows the area,
although he has now moved away. He has already done some updating, but I
have only just now had a quick glance at what he has done. He has
cleaned up the A388 to the NW which is now dual carriageway.

> It's a shame that the state of aerial photography for the SW that is available to mappers is now so poor.

The Esir photography looks as if it was taken while the work was still
underway, but it is not bad. But I always prefer my own gps & video when
I have it.

As far as I can tell, there are no more than 4 or 5 people including
you, of course, who map in East Cornwall, and noone seems to be regular.
Although I do spend several months each year in the area so I am getting
close to being regular.

ael/messpert