[Talk-GB] UPRN Locations Map

SK53 sk53.osm at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 18:52:02 UTC 2020

I've also had a quick look, and your hints are quite useful.

One thing I've noticed is UPRNs which I suspect are for building shells. So
there's a house which has recently been converted into student housing with
a hair transplant surgery on the ground floor. This has 3 UPRNs. The next
property down is a small parade of 4 shops with 3 office units above and
this has a total of 10 UPRNs. The next parade of 6 shops has 7 UPRNs. At
least one is the shell, or possibly the land parcel on which the property
sits.

One of the university buildings has a number of self-contained flats, but
there are no UPRNs for these (presumably postal mail goes to the tenants
through the internal mail).

Post boxes, substations, patches of grass (I presume), and bus stops are
things I've spotted. The oddity is a great forest of UPRNs over a hospital
building <https://osm.mathmos.net/addresses/uprn/#19/52.9423/-1.1827>.
Student residences ('villages') seem to have one UPRN per flat/studio + 1
for the building itself. What is interesting is that quite a few shops (on
university premises) which pay business rates do not seem to appear, and
conversely ATMs which are ratable do not appear at all. Street lights, man
hole covers, street cabinets, gullies etc do not appear, and I think are
not captured for MasterMap. It does not resolve a local mapping conundrum,
which is what happened to the rifle range underneath a former canal bridge.

Jerry