[Talk-GB] UPRN Locations Map

Devonshire maps at fortyfivekev.co.uk
Fri Jul 3 07:40:42 UTC 2020

On Thu, Jul 2, 2020, at 5:38 PM, Robert Whittaker (OSM lists) wrote:
> I'm not completely sure if/how we can best make use of the new OS
> OpenData (UPRNs, USRNs and related links) in OpenStreetMap, but as a
> first step I've set up a quick slippy map with the UPRN locations
> shown...

Thanks for doing this Robert but unless these can be used to pull down / link addresses or other attributes in some kind of usable, license friendly way then I don't see a lot of point in adding the references themselves to OSM.

Postcodes are pretty well entrenched for navigation in the UK and I don't see the average person replacing their fairly easy to remember postcode with a hard to remember 11/12 digit number.

Creation of the references also seems a bit inconsistent to me. On the seafront near me there are some open shelters and they have just one reference but on the next beach down indentical shelters have 4 references, I assume one for each face/row of seats. There are a lot of B&B's in my area and they all seem to have two references despite only have a single address, I assume one for the business and one for the property but businesses on the local pier do not have a separate node although they are separately addressable.

Kevin