[Talk-GB] UPRN Locations Map

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Fri Jul 3 10:57:29 UTC 2020

On Thu, 2 Jul 2020 at 17:38, Robert Whittaker (OSM lists)
<robert.whittaker+osm at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've set up a quick slippy map with the UPRN locations shown:
>
> https://osm.mathmos.net/addresses/uprn/ (zoom in to level 16 to show the data)

Thank you.

> The UPRN dataset literally just contains the UPRN number and its
> coordinates (both OS National Grid and WGS lat/lon).

For England at least, UPRNs can be turned into web links, in the format:

    https://flood-warning-information.service.gov.uk/long-term-flood-risk/risk?address=100023336956

which allows the address to be verified.

We're planning to import UPRNs into Wikidata; here's the above value,
for example:

   https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q169101#P8399

so for notable buildings at least, a reverse lookup will be possible,
using the Wikidata API, or, for example:

   https://tools.wmflabs.org/wikidata-todo/resolver.php?prop=P8399&value=100023336956

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing