[Talk-GB] UPRN & USRN Tagging

Jez Nicholson jez.nicholson at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 18:41:05 UTC 2020

I believe that the French have been using the country namespace in ref
codes recently and, although I was initially doubtful, I now see the value
in not claiming a reference code for the entire world. Some examples in
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/France/Liste_des_r%C3%A9f%C3%A9rences_nationales

Sure, USRNs must have already been added a while back from the UK National
Address Gazetteer or something, but that doesn't make ref:usrn right and
fair to other countries that may have a different meaning for the acronym.