[Talk-GB] UPRN Locations Map

SK53 sk53.osm at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 09:53:32 UTC 2020

The new Leicester Coronavirus Regulations
<http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/685/pdfs/uksi_20200685_en.pdf>
provide some interesting test data, ostensibly under a Open Government
Licence, of 24 pages of postcodes and what are obviously individual
properties where postcodes are split by the boundary captured by querying
UPRNs (telephone & post boxes are a useful clue). For instance Welford Road
in Wigston (on p. 34) corresponds to this area
<https://osm.mathmos.net/addresses/uprn/#19/52.9467/-1.1878> on Robert's
site. Postcode LE18 3TE seems to extend from the junction of Welford Road
with Guthlaxton Lane down to the Navigation at Kilby Bridge. I've just
added the telephone (from this Mapillary
<https://www.mapillary.com/map/im/thPKWiJGuO4RHRbe2ldOMg> image) which is
presumably UPRN 10025590850.

Given this looks to have been created by querying for objects via MasterMap
or similar I imagine the actual data is in practice covered by GeoPlace &
OSGB restrictions.

Nonetheless there are a few intriguing things mentioned which I cant locate
on OSM, including Lime Delph Road (which is probably the frontage road on
the new housing estate with unnamed road on the E). Nor is the nursery
obvious.

Jerry