[Talk-GB] UPRN Locations Map

Lester Caine lester at lsces.uk
Sat Jul 4 21:24:53 UTC 2020

On 04/07/2020 20:33, David Woolley wrote:
> On 04/07/2020 18:24, Lester Caine wrote:
>> The current 'OHM' is not a layer that can be easily combined with the
>> current 'OSM' layer. Large sections of the current data are simply
>> cloned into OHM
>
> I'm not referring to OHM; I'm referring to the main OSM map.  At least
> since September 2012, OSM has the complete back history, and, as far as
> I can see, you can use overpass API to retrieve the map as of any date
> and time since then.

BUT you can't upgrade the data in that history, only access previous
data without any reference to if it is correct or not. OHM is not a
solution to add the missing history, or correcting that history which
was removed because of mistakes. It is simply a record of what was done
with all it's mistakes ...

What is needed is a means of adding LAYERS of data which can be managed
either via third party data sets, or manual edited using existing tools
to add data that is missing from the narrow view confined to 'current'
objects ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL