[Talk-GB] UPRN Locations Map

Cj Malone me-osm-talk-gb at keepawayfromfire.co.uk
Sat Jul 4 22:14:48 UTC 2020

On Sat, 2020-07-04 at 22:24 +0100, Lester Caine wrote:
> What is needed is a means of adding LAYERS of data which can be
> managed either via third party data sets, or manual edited using
> existing tools to add data that is missing from the narrow view
> confined to 'current' objects ...

If I understand you right, I like the idea of this, for example a layer
of bus stops in the UK would be sourced from NapTAN. That layer would
be kept up to date with NapTAN (most bus stops in OSM are a decade old,
unmodified, not validated) and OSM mappers could add
corrections/modifications.
Potentially we could have a line of communication to NapTAN to inform
them of errors in there dataset.

It'll be hard to change some peoples minds, but it's worth discussing.

Cj