[Talk-GB] Bus Routes on OSM

Gareth Boyes gxboyes at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 15:47:41 UTC 2020

All bus routes in Great Britain and Isle of Man are available from https://www.travelinedata.org.uk/traveline-open-data/traveline-national-dataset/ <https://www.travelinedata.org.uk/traveline-open-data/traveline-national-dataset/> under the Open Government Licence which I believe is compatible with OSM https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Open_Government_Licence <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Open_Government_Licence>.

You will need to apply for access from Traveline.  I applied using "OpenStreetMap contributor” as the reason for use and was granted access on the next working day. Access is granted to an ftp server that can be accessed using an FTP client e.g. Cyberduck.

BTW The traveline request form asks you to provide a password. Make sure you provide a unique password that you are happy to be sent in non-encrypted FTP request.

Gareth