[Talk-GB] Paths on Wimbledon Common

Andrew Hain andrewhainosm at hotmail.co.uk
Fri Jul 10 11:54:03 UTC 2020

I have been doing some tidying based on Osmose, including the warning for highway=footway foot=yes, which is often left over from a preset in Potlatch 1.

I got a changeset comment querying the edit.

  *   I note you have removed foot=yes from highway=footway. My understanding is that the default for a footway is foot=designated, but designated requires an explicit sign. the paths on Wimbledon Common do not have an explicit sign, but are legally accessible, hence foot=yes. Perhaps osmose is wrong.
  *   Any comments?
  *   --
  *   Andrew