[Talk-GB] Holiday camp tagging

Cj Malone me-osm-talk-gb at keepawayfromfire.co.uk
Mon Jul 13 17:19:57 UTC 2020

Hello everyone,

I'm mapping a local camp site [0], and have a few questions regarding
tags.

1 - It's mainly static caravans with some cabins, but it also has an
area for tents/caravan pitches. It should tagged as
one tourism=caravan_site with tents=yes, right? It's currently split
into one main tourism=caravan_site [0] with another tourism=camp_site
that lacks many details [1] and even a second tourism=caravan_site [2].

2 - The site is split into areas with names, I've started adding
address details to aid in routing, mapping them as addr:housename=area
and addr:unit=#. I was originally planning to use addr:place instead of
addr:housename, but this specific camp site uses real local places
names. eg 28 Appley [3] and Appley suburb [4]. 6 Freshwater [5]
vs Freshwater village [6]. Was this the wrong choice? Should I just use
addr:place and add a place=locality name=Appley way around the area?
Will this damage routing with the real Appley [4]?

Thanks
Cj

[0] https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/339576373
[1] https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/448717739