[Talk-GB] Q3 2020 Quarterly project Cycle Infrastructure

Gareth L o.i at live.co.uk
Tue Jul 14 19:14:52 UTC 2020

I do have to say that surface info is very useful. A lot of cycleways have gravel sections and that can be no fun on, say, a Brompton bike with 16” wheels.

Much like pavements, I’d start my focus on the details which are not what you might expect, like where a road doesn’t have a pedestrian walkway at all, or only on one side. Ultimately, it’s all useful data.

The embankment example makes some sense to me, although that level of Cycle infrastructure (cycle superhighways) is seldom seen outside of the capital. Segregated and sidewalk tag seems redundant as the footpath is mapped as a separate way, but they were added at version 1 when the other data may not have been there?

Gareth