[Talk-GB] Electric vehicle charging points

Chris Hill osm at raggedred.net
Tue Jul 21 11:10:26 UTC 2020

Leccy car drivers need to know if the point is working. Apps from the charge point suppliers and from others such as Zapmap try to keep drivers informed about the availability and condition of the point. OSM doesn't have that info and can't update it in real time. Some leccy cars have this live info built into their satnav.

There's nothing wrong with adding charging points.  I expect people wanting to actually use them will look elsewhere for more info than OSM can reasonably supply.

Chris